Skip to Content

Carbon Monoxide Leeds

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that is produced whenever a fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, wood, or charcoal is burned.

Carbon Monoxide

With proper ventilation this gas poses no threat, but when it becomes trapped in a room it can have potentially lethal consequences.

There are a few warning signs that you can check for. With a gas fire look for a yellow or orange flame instead of a blue one, a strange smell when the fire is on, and any stains or soot around the fire itself. If the gas appliance is a boiler look for the same yellow flame, uncommon smell, and stains at the top of the unit.

Ensuring that your gas appliances are well maintained and inspected regularly minimizes the risk. These checks must be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and occur at least once every 12 months.

Since carbon monoxide is invisible to both sight and smell, a carbon monoxide detector is a must. Install these according to their manufacturer's instructions and test them regularly. You can also minimize your risk by making sure that the room is properly ventilated; never cover a vent, especially when a gas appliance is in use.

Dangerous Symptoms

CO poisoning is often mistaken for the flu, as it creates nausea, sickness, and headaches. Other symptoms include stomach pains, general tiredness and fatigue.

If you suffer from any of these symptoms, you may require immediate medical attention. One of the biggest dangers of CO poisoning is that the symptoms can be easily missed or mistaken for the flu; causing the person to remain indoors and further expose themselves to the noxious gas.

Play it Safe:

  • Open windows and doors & leave the house!
  • Seek fresh air immediately
  • Go to an emergency room/hospital and inform a doctor that you may be suffering from CO poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Enquiry

* denotes required field

Enquiry Form
Finance Quote HERE

What our customers say

Ignite Gas provides a wide variety of gas related services to individual home-owners, companies, landlords, letting agents, Housing Associations and Local Authorities throughout the Yorkshire region.

  • Tony from Ignite was here (quite excellent again -they are brilliant, really) -he has sorted things out and will put it in his report to you.
    Warren January 2018
  • I want to thoroughly recommend Tony and Ignite. The company rang me immediately that morning and offered me a choice of times that day to help fit in with me. …
    Glenys Riddell January 2018
  • Just a bit of feedback, Charlie your engineer is so helpful and pleasant, he also explains things really well when he returns the keys. I know this sounds a …
    Christine October 2017
  • Thank you so much for that and please pass on to management how polite, helpful and totally competent Mark the engineer was, would totally recommend him and …
    Neil Slater October 2017
  • I want to write and express my great thanks to Tony Valentine for attending to the job at such short notice today. He was prompt, friendly and approachable and …
    Sun Park April 2017
  • I would just like to take this opportunity to say how great this experience has been considering we were without heating or hot water. Nick and the other …
    Mary Baulk April 2017
  • Many thanks for efficiently arranging this. Our boiler works perfectly now. Your guy was very prompt, courteous, effective and cleared up after himself very …
    B Posmyk March 2017
  • The tenants did note that your representative was really great, turned up on time, was really professional and even cleaned up everything afterwards - they …
    Tracey March 2017
  • Hi Jon, I just wanted to let you know how pleased Ross & I are with the service we receive from Ignite. We are using the portal whenever possible which is …
    Christine February 2017